Some less common but still current Italian baby names that I happen to like:
- Alessandra [ah-less-SAHN-dra]
- Corrado [cor-RAH-do] – I’ve only ever seen this on an older (now dead, in fact) television personality, but have always liked it. Equivalent to the English Conrad.
- Dario [DAH-ree-oh] From the old Persian Darius, the name of several kings.
- Fausta, Fausto [FOW-sta, FOW-sto] The first syllable rhymes with “cow”. An old Roman name meaning happy and/or lucky.
- Fiamma [FYAHM-mah], or more commonly Fiametta [fyahm-MET-ta] – flame, little flame
- Gaia [GUY-ah] – an Old Roman goddess, I think.
- Livia [LIV-ee-ah] – Roman
- Massimo [MAHSS-ih-mo] – Old Roman Maximus, aka Max. Variants include Massimino (little Massimo) and Massimiliano.
- Tosca [TOSS-ka]
What are some of your favorite Italian names?
Related:Â Old-Fashioned Italian Baby Names