top: Venice sunset
- Rent a Tuscan farmouse from my friends Rita and Lino
- Tour Tuscany, Umbria or Sicily the relaxed way, with Tartaruga Tours.
- Travelling by train in Italy? Go here for all the information you’ll ever need.
- Article: Venice’s Anti-Pickpocketing Squad (read between the lines for tips on how to avoid having your own pocket picked)
- New York Times Italy Travel Planner
- Fodors.com Travel Talk
- Travelers to Go!
- VirtualTourist.com – Travel Forum – Italy
- Lonely Planet | Thorn Tree Travel Forum
Imaging in Italy
My friend Tony’s Imaging in Italy site has been updated – do drop in for a visit. For those who missed my report in 2003, Imaging in Italy is a wonderful thing to do in Rome: a photographic walking tour with Tony Boccaccio, who photographed for National Geographic for 30 years, and is an all-round fun and fascinating person, as well as a great teacher. I enjoyed the course and learned a great deal.
maps and routes (for all Europe)
AT&T USA Direct information for Italy – not the cheapest way to phone home, but it works
Please share your own little-known tips for travelling in Italy