Woodstock in Film
Woodstock stories have been made into films. Both the films I’m aware of have made it to the short lists for nominations in the live action short films category for the Oscars, as well as winning other film awards. Both films were also made by Woodstock alumni:
Woodstock on TV
NDTV’s Rocky and Mayur visit Woodstock to talk about… the food. But the piece covers much else that is fundamental about the school, and shows the environment beautifully.
There are many sites where you can get more information and news about Woodstock (expect this listing to grow, though the date on the post will not change).
SAGE, the organization which sends students to Woodstock (and on educational tours) from the US and other parts of the world.
WS Alumni – if you’re an alum or former staff member, this site is for you.
- Woodstock School
- I Went to Boarding School in The Middle of Nowhere
- various class groups
Many people who have been involved with Woodstock have their own websites and blogs. They don’t all necessarily write about Woodstock, but it’s fascinating and instructive to see what our extended Woodstock family gets up to.
- Bill’s ‘Faith Matters’ Weblog – Bill Tammeus, alumnus
- Cate & Jack – former staff, now living in Delhi
- Educational Alternatives Worldwide – Beth Norford ’80
- Jim Taylor’s weblog
- On the Learning Curve – Steve Ediger, former staff
- Reduce to Common Sense – Rana ’96
- Sanjeeb Sircar – musician and former Woodstock staff (video of Sanjeeb Sircar)
- Steve van Rooy
- Woodstock Class of ’84
Alumni in the News
White Skins, Brown Souls – Though the article does not say so, all but one of the people mentioned are Woodstock alumni!
Some Alumni Careers
- Alex Mares-Manton, photographer
- Anne Roemmele, medical aid
- Amelia Rudolph – Project Bandaloop – dance troupe
- Carina Chatlani, President & CEO, Body Bistro – yummy products!
- Chris Anderson – curator of the TED conference – on Woodstock
- Jay Garner and Harold Blickenstaff, participants in The Great Starvation Experiment
- Jeet Singh, entrepreneur | Miki Singh, musician
- Joyce Burkhalter Fleuckiger – India scholar
- Mark Kenoyer, leading authority on ancient India
- Robert B. Griffiths – Professor of Physics
- Sanjay Narang, restaurateur
- Tin Tin Su, geneticist
- Tom Alter – actor
- TZ Chu, businessman
- Vance George, choral conductor
Woodstock Writers – from fiction to physics!
- Joseph S. Alter
- Robert C. Alter
- Stephen Alter
- Arthur H. Benade
- Farewell the Winterline by Stanley Brush
- Robert B. Griffiths: Consistent Quantum Theory
- “Tinkerbelle” by Robert Manry – a book about his solo journey across the Atlantic in a rowboat
- Gita Mehta
- Gordon C. Roadarmel
- Nayantara Sahgal
- Sally Stoddard
- Philip A. Wellons
- John E. Whitcomb
- Betsy Woodman – Jana Bibi’s Excellent Fortunes: A Novel